...by someone who doesn't know any better

28 July, 2010

Maggot is evolving......

I need to fill this page up, so here is a post from Tom's Blog...


You thought flies were gross...


How do flies turn into maggots? I just can't see it happening. Same with caterpillars & butterflies really. I can understand a logical progression, say...Babies to adults. Because they look similar in many ways apart from size. But maggots and caterpillars look nothing like the eventual creatures they become. I think science is wrong, and that secretly, flies and butterflies are in some kind of conspiracy to eat said maggots/caterpillars, and pretend that they, um, turned into them, right. Oh, um, the cake? That cake that was on the table? Yeahhh... It evolved into, um, me.











And now back to the present......

I'm currently experiencing similar confusion over the tadpoles in my pond, which have been there for a couple of months at least... We learnt in primary school that they grow legs and then pretty much hop right out of the pond, but these ones seem to be a new breed that focus all their energy into getting really fat and then sunbathing on a brick underwater. Some of them seem to have attempted legs but then thought, "nahhhh."

I don't blame them really, tadpoles look cooler than frogs, and they don't get run over as much. When - or if - these tadpoles actually get off their lazy whatever-tadpoles-have-for-a-behind-s, it's going to be a horrible froggy massacre on my drive. Oh no.

Just imagine a froggy mother shouting "get out of bed" and the picture is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be gentle...