...by someone who doesn't know any better

09 July, 2012

We are making a Cookie Pie

You may have noticed my tendency to go a little overboard on the baking (see Rainbow Cake for details). Browsing American baking websites led me to the discovery of one of the best culinary combinations since slicing and bread: The Cookie Pie. Naturally, I had to try it.
You take a ridiculous amount of kitchenware...

And an oven... 
Bake until it looks, you know, not raw

Serve warm with ice cream. If you can wait that long.


I made three over the course of three days, which I thought was too many.
This is the cookie pie after about five minutes.
Three wasn't enough.
Recipe Time: You Know You Want To Be Fat

I'll admit I bought ready-made pastry. You should, too, to save time on the prep and make more time for EATING EVERYTHING

Other than that, it's a pretty standard cookie recipe, but the one I used promises chewy results:


  • 250g plain flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 170g unsalted butter, softened
  • 200g dark brown soft sugar
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 325g chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 170C/Gas Mark 3
Grease or line baking trays
Sift dry ingredients together (flour, salt & baking powder)
Cream the butter and both the sugars
Beat in the vanilla and the eggs
Mix in your floury stuff
Stir in the chocolate chips and try not to accidentally eat most of them
Line the cake tins or pie tins with your rolled out pastry, and spoon the tasty cookie dough into the middle

Cooking times is difficult... It took me about 45-55 minutes, so I'd recommend trying 30 mins and checking every 5-10 minutes. Well... I wouldn't recommend it, it's not fun, but I did it and they tasted goooood.

Remember not to over-bake them; they should look done but are still a little bit soft in the middle, but DON'T PUT THEM BACK IN. Take them out when they look nearly done and they'll be fine. They won't be chewy if you leave them to cook any more than they need to!

4 comments:

  1. BloOOooOoOOOOOood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang it, you commented that before I could! Months before I could! Confound you, basement ghost imposter!

      Delete
  2. Now now, anonymous children.

    ReplyDelete

Be gentle...